Toggle menu

Make a food complaint

Will I get compensation?

The Environmental Health department cannot act on your behalf to claim compensation or deal with customer service complaints. If you wish to pursue compensation, you may want to seek advice from a solicitor.

You can deal with food complaints yourself by reporting them to the shop that sold you the food, or to the manufacturer (contact details can be found on the food packaging). They will often carry out similar investigations to a local authority for their own quality and safety assurance procedures and they may compensate you.

Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon email icon


print icon