Toggle menu

Report a change in circumstance

Examples of changes you need to report

  • Change of address, or where you will be temporary absent from your home; for example, going into hospital or respite care, or where you will be absent outside of Great Britain for four weeks or more. You don't need to tell us about short-term visits to relatives, friends or holidays that are for less than four weeks.
  • Changes in the amount of rent that you are charged, or a change of landlord.
  • If you start work or change employment for you and any member of your household.
  • Changes in the number or status of any household members; for example, the birth of a child, a child leaving school, or anyone leaving or joining the household.
  • Changes in either the amount or type of income received by any household member. This includes awards of new benefits; for example, Personal Independence Payments.
  • Increases or decreases in your capital (savings) other than minor day-to-day fluctuations.
  • If you start to receive Carer's Allowance or have an underlying entitlement to Carer's Allowance, or if someone starts to receive this benefit for looking after you.

This is not an exhaustive list. If you are unsure if your change in circumstances will affect your benefit entitlement, please contact us for advice on 01744 676789.