Data protection and your rights
To access copies of your personal data
You are entitled to ask us for copies of your personal data that we hold (known as the Right of Access).
You also have the right to request further information, including:
- the reasons why we process your personal data;
- the types of personal data we process;
- the organisations we share your personal data with;
- how long we will retain your personal data for, where possible;
- your rights relating to this data;
- where we have obtained your personal data from;
- whether or not decisions are made about you solely using automated means (including profiling) without human intervention. If so, we will provide the logic involved, as well as how this affects you.
When providing you with a copy of your information we will also explain if we have redacted any information that identifies third parties.
If we withhold personal data on the basis that it is exempt from disclosure, where it is possible to do so, we will explain the exemption(s) we are relying on and the reason why one or more exemptions apply.
In certain circumstances we may refuse to respond your request if we consider that it is unfounded, excessive or repetitive in nature.