Toggle menu

Charging for residential and nursing care

What happens if I transfer some of my assets before I go into a home?

If you have given away or transferred a capital asset (property, savings etc), the council may decide that you have deprived yourself of a capital asset in order to reduce accommodation charges.

If this is the case, the council may treat you as still possessing the asset and charge you accordingly. You are advised to contact us to discuss before transferring any capital asset. There is no time limit on disposing of assets and we consider each case individually.