Dispute a Housing Benefit decision
Who is a 'person affected'?
A person affected is:
- A claimant
- Someone acting on behalf of the claimant who is appointed by the courts
- Someone who the council agrees is appointed to act on behalf of the claimant (an appointee)
- A landlord - but only in matters relating to whom payment of benefit is to be made
- An agent - but only in matters relating to whom payment of benefit is to be made
- Any person from whom it is determined an overpayment is to be recovered
This means that only the claimant can ask us to revise a decision concerning the calculation of a claimant's entitlement; and that the landlord or agent can only ask us to revise a decision about whether payment should be made to a landlord and whether the decision to recover an overpayment from a landlord or agent has been correctly made.