Toggle menu

Dispute a Housing Benefit decision

What if I am not happy with the tribunal's decision?

If we, or the person affected, feels that the decision of the lower appeal tribunal is wrong, in law they can seek leave to appeal to the upper appeal tribunal.


The amount of benefit payable is a matter between the council and the claimant. Only the tenant can ask us to review the amount of benefit payable. If we reduce a tenant's benefit to recover an overpayment in respect of a previous address, the current landlord cannot appeal against the decision to recover that overpayment.