Toggle menu

Direct payments guidance

What happens if you get into difficulties?

If you get into difficulties in managing your Direct Payment account, you must inform the Direct Payments advisor as soon as possible. If your needs are not being met, the council has a responsibility to help you.

If you decide not to carry on with Direct Payments, then the council will arrange services to meet your eligible social care needs.

If the council does not think you can manage Direct Payments anymore, it may decide to transfer your Direct Payment to a prepaid card or stop the Direct Payment and arrange commissioned services for you.

The council will involve you in any decisions that are being made about your care and ensure that you know what is decided.